We are looking for a passionate arts administrator to join the AGAA team!
- Permanent part time position, 2 days/week
- Salary: Negotiable
The Art Galleries Association of Australia (AGAA) is the peak body for commercial art galleries in the primary visual arts market, driving innovation and professional excellence among members.
The Administration Officer is responsible for administrative, communications and member support for the AGAA office. As the face of the organisation, the Administration Officer engages directly with both existing and potential members.
As Administration Officer, you will work closely with the AGAA National Board to promote AGAA’s mission and ethics to the local and global arts community. You will be expected to facilitate the recruitment of new members, through face-to-face engagements with members of the Australian arts community, alongside maintaining strong relationships with existing members. You must have an understanding of the arts industry, outstanding communication skills and a strong track record of organisational excellence.
Key responsibilities include:
- providing support via phone and email to AGAA members and the general public
- maintaining strong relationships with existing members through handing membership enquiries, sending collateral to new members, renewing memberships and managing member records
- providing administrative support to the AGAA National Board, including minute taking and the distribution of agendas
- active promotion of the AGAA in consultation with the Board, through media releases and the promotion of member activities
- facilitating member recruitment through strong local and national engagement within the arts sector, involving a presence at galleries and arts events
- continually updating the AGAA’s web presence, through the AGAA website and social media
Key selection criteria include:
- Demonstrated administrative experience with excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant qualification and/or experience working in a membership or non-profit organisation
- Understanding of digital marketing, with preference given to experience in website content management and social media campaigning
- An interest in commercial galleries and the arts sector
Please forward your CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org